The Responsible Gaming Association of New Mexico is pleased to offer the sixth webinar in our series on problem gambling. The March 19, 2021 session will focus on Beyond the Loot: The Bigger Story of Gaming and Gambling, Trauma, and the Pandemic. This interactive webinar will look at the relationship between community, gaming ecosystems, gambling, trauma, and addiction.
This webinar will be Friday, March 19, 2021 from 11am-12:30pm MST. Speakers will be Cam Adair and Daniel Blackwood.
Attendees will earn 1.5 gambling-specific CEUs. Attendance is free but registration is required. Space is limited.
Daniel Blackwood, LPCC, ICGCII-BACC, CSAT, RTM, will lead a discussion on the impact of gaming with Cam Adair.
Cam is a pioneer in the world of gaming addiction, based on his personal experience and subsequent commitment to the field. Cam’s experience and background includes:
- Addicted to video games for 10 years
- Gamed as an escape from intense bullying, anxiety, and depression
- Dropped out of high school, pretended to have jobs, wrote a suicide note
- Founded GameQuitters.com to help others, it now serves 75,000 members each month in 95 countries
- Named one of Canada’s Leaders in Mental Health by CAMH
- Published in Psychiatry Research with Dr. Daniel King
Cam Adair spoke at the 2019 RGANM seminar, where he received rave reviews. At the time he presented on, among other information, understanding the key importance of Loot Boxes when working with clients with gaming issues. Now Cam is coming back to share about the bigger story and, together with Daniel, they will look at how this relates to trauma and the pandemic.
March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month. Learn about the many resources available at no charge through the Responsible Gaming Association of New Mexico.
The National Council on Problem Gambling offers a screening tool, helpful toolkits, and sample social media posts here.